RichardM1126
RichardM1126,
Experience:  Expert
110837232

My key fob opens the car doors but it doesn’t open drivers

Customer Question

My key fob opens the car doors but it doesn’t open drivers door or the boot
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes new battery and still does the same
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: i30 2013
JA: Are you fixing your I30 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: open the car with the key and hold the unlock button on key fob for 30 seconds to see if it rests but nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 7 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to hear you are having problems with your car,

have you tried with the ignition on press the lock and unlock on the remote then shut doors and see if it works?
im presuming it locks everything but just doesn’t unlock?

So if the door unlocks mechanically it indicates a electrical issue, so the door card needs to be removed and the motor checked to see if it is getting the correct signal and is earthed, also the wiring in the door and hinge area can be checked at the same time,

if the motor is getting correct feed and earth but isn’t working it the motor at fault, if it isn’t the wiring needs to be checked back to the body control module for any breaks or damage,

if the wiring is ok but not getting a signal from the BCM then that indicates an issue with that component which a decent diagnostic scan should identify,

hope this has help point you in the right direction

many