Steve
Steve, Vehicle technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

I am away for 3 month how to keep the car so that when I

Customer Question

I am away for 3 month how to keep the car so that when I come back gives no problem?
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: hyundi ioniq premium 1.6 hybrid
JA: What year is your Hyundai?
Customer: 1917
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I am going away on 30th november
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.
Three months on your vehicle should not be a major problem, as the majority of the fuel is now E10 it is best to ensure the fuel tank is topped up before leaving the vehicle, this gives less space in the tank for condensation which is the biggest problem with the E10 fuel.

If possible leaving the 12V battery on a trickle charger / conditioner would be ideal but I realize this is not always possible. If you cannot do this then when returning it would be good to charge the battery before attempting to start the vehicle, this will ensure that the electronic systems are not drained by the initial start.

With the regards ***** ***** engine and mechanicals. Three months will not pose a problem, you should if possible ensure that the engine has had a run before switching off for the last time and was not just moved slightly.

It would also be best to ensure that the tyres are fully inflated to ensure no deterioration of the sidewalls.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
if the battery is flat how can I open the desk backdoor
Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

The drivers door can be opened with the emergency key and then the charger, can be fitted to the jump point under the bonnet, I have attached an image showing the jump point, once power is in the battery the the door will open.

All systems run on the 12V battery so a low Hybrid battery will not prevent any systems running.

I hope this makes sense but do please ask more if needed.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

If you do need to jump start the vehicle, the main reset button, see image should be pressed as soon as the jump battery is connected.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 5 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve