Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Last friday received 40v lawnmower HYM40Li420SP. Following

Last friday received 40v lawnmower HYM40Li420SP. Following instructions assembled the machine. Reading the "starting" procedure exactly the mower will not start. Please advise
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No, the machine is brand new!
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: As the machine is brand new year is 2021. Model HYM40Li420SP
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the mower arrived boxed last Friday. I assembled as instructed. Mower will not start using the recommended procedure
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I have repeated all details.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hiya

Because this is a new unit you should not attempt any repairs as this could void your warranty!  You have obviously followed the instructions so I would guess there is a fault with the unit.

In this instance you have two options.  You can either return the unit to the retailer for replacement or a refund or you can contact Hyundai (Contact Us) for Aftersales Repair and Warranty.

Phillip

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Naturally I would prefer to sort the problem rather than have to dismantle and pack the mower and arrange for it to be collected. I would have thought it should not be very difficult to check it out?
Jeremy

Hiya

It isn't the fact of the difficulty level of diagnosing the unit that is the problem.  With a multi-meter if you can gain access to the switch for instance and the motor assembly you could check the voltage at these points to see if the power is getting through.  You could also check continuity of the wiring between the components.

The problem arises if anything should need replacing.  You would have voided your warranty by stripping the unit to attempt diagnosis / repair hence the advice to return the unit to the retailer or contact Hyundai using the contact form who could arrange to collect the unit for repair or replacement.

Phillip

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks. Advice accepted. Will seek to replace faulty product.
Jeremy