sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Hyundai HYM480SPR. I was cutting grass last weekend

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** have a Hyundai HYM480SPR. I was cutting grass last weekend and it appeared that the drive engagement was slipping or not disengaging at certain points. I then started to smell what I can only explain as burning rubber and saw smoke from the left side of the engine. I turned off the mower to let cool and investigated. I could not see anything however when I tried to pull the mower backwards the roller is locked. No problems going forward. This is with the engine off. Would you have any ideas of what I can inspect to get to the cause? Thank you in advance.
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: HYM480SPR and is 2 years old
JA: What year is your Hyundai?
Customer: I have had this for around 2 years so 2019/2020
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything and depending on the possible work not being a simple ix I will look for an approved technician
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Hello, my name is***** have a Hyundai HYM480SPR. I was cutting grass last weekend and it appeared that the drive engagement was slipping or not disengaging at certain points. I then started to smell what I can only explain as burning rubber and saw smoke from the left side of the engine. I turned off the mower to let cool and investigated. I could not see anything however when I tried to pull the mower backwards the roller is locked. No problems going forward. This is with the engine off. Would you have any ideas of what I can inspect to get to the cause? Thank you in advance.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, currently it does not switch on at all?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The engine works fine and will fire up no problem. The main thing is the roller will not move backwards
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No call

Dear customer I understand, but does it feel clogged very hard? or as if it is split?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Its like the roller is stuck in gear and not entering neutral

Dear customer, let me try to see an exploded view of this engine, in order to have a better understanding of what could be causing this clogging.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, I have been reviewing the exploded view, from what you say you do not have much experience in this and the disassembly is quite labo, in my opinion, the most appropriate is that the work is done by an approved expert, so if you want to leave me your location I will contact one very soon, to help you make a revision of the lock of the gears.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian