How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2905
Experience:  Solicitor of England and Wales
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

i got a three years student visa into the country, and I attended

This answer was rated:

i got a three years student visa into the country, and I attended for one year, then i stop going to school and started working full time, eventually i got marry to a british girl and also she pregnant and visa will expire in january 2013, then i want to apply for my residence permit, so what is probability that the application we be considered
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

When is your baby due? Do you have other children? What does your girlfriend do for a job?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

baby is due in febuary, i don't have any children, and my girlfriend work in nursery

You could apply to remain on the basis of 'private and family life' under the Human Rights Act.

I would say you have a reasonable chance of success.

You should get your application in quickly if your visa is due to expire.

Also you may have seen the government is proposing to grant an amnesty. This is not guaranteed but the sooner you get the application in the better your chances of staying.
Alice H and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you