How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My son- in- law is an Australian citizen, my daughter is British. They

Customer Question

My son- in- law is an Australian citizen, my daughter is British.
They currently live in Australia but he has a good job offer from his current employer, to work in their London office.
She has always worked , both here and in Australia.
His visa application has just been refused on grounds that she does not have a job offer herself, and she is his 'sponsor' .
What is the best way to appeal this ( we could be his sponsor if allowed, or my husband could give her a job in his company if necessary)
Do you know how long the appeal is likely to take? His job was due to start this month, and their rental lease is up at the end of Jan - we are desperate !
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

What savings do they have please?

Does he have any UK ancestry?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.


Not sure about savings- not a great deal I would guess, no property , perhaps a few thousand pounds.

Yes his grandmother was Scottish I believe- he is looking into an ancestry visa as this is more straightforward we believe- he's collecting birth certificates from his father .

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I will answer at 9