James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

My case involved a malicious act by my ex-husband who wrote

Customer Question

My case involved a malicious act by my ex-husband who wrote to the Home Office and asked them to refuse my application for Indefinite leave to remain when I had sent in an application when the first 2 years in marriage had expired.
Submissions have been made by my lawyers to the Home Office and because I cannot afford the cost have taken up to follow the case myself. Where do I start?
Secondly my circumstances have changed as I am in a relationship with a British Citizen and have lived together the past four years. Have undergone a divorce but still waiting for my Decree Absolute which is in progress.
Originally i am from Zimbabwe and came in to study in 2001 and then married a British Citizen in 2005 where i was granted the first 2 years of my indefinite leave to remain
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

What visa do you currently have? If none, what applications have been lodged with the Home Office after your ILR application was refused?

and had your marriage broken down before the 2 years probationary period was up? Why did your ex-husband act as he did?