How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am looking for info on helping my egyptian friend to come

Customer Question

I am looking for info on helping my egyptian friend to come to Belfast. Either on a holiday visa or a working visa. What money does he need in his account or can I supply my bank details to say I can support him through his stay? I am traveling to Egypt every 8 weeks and would prefer it that I spend the money in my country instead.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Your friend may apply for a general visitor visa which is valid for 6 months. A work visa will be hard to obtain unless he has a job lined up and an employer willing to sponsor him etc.

There is no set amount of money he needs to show, as long he has enough to cover his stay in the UK and accomodate himself without recourse to public funds.

You can say that he will stay with you and that you will provide an x amount of money for his stay in the UK.

See here for the documents required:

How to apply information is here:

All the best