How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

hi, I would like to clarify the direction in which my husband

Customer Question


I would like to clarify the direction in which my husband should proceed with dependant visa application. the reason is I am a self employed person and having accountant's paperwork with me. but at the same time I am confused with payslips like normally salaried employees. someone told me to show payslips and bank statements along with visa application. this makes me confused. i would like to know when I am self employed, is it possible to show payslips for the income as I draw salary from my business earnings...? along with payslips, can I submit both business bank account statements and my personal bank statements...? Or the only way for self employed people are accountant's papers..? I am a settled person in the UK and I got my ILR after showing my business details.. could you please clarify the direction of either as salaried person with payslips or as self employed person with accountants paperwork..? I prefer the first way as there is not sufficient funds in the accountant papers from the previous 2-3 years. thanks...
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Yes, you may show both payslips as well as your business and personal bank accounts as well as the HMRC letter to show your self employment status.

Hope this helps.