How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

HIMy husband and me are on indefinite leave to remain.we

Customer Question

HI My husband and me are on indefinite leave to remain.we have a 22 months old daughter. I had some special arrangements with my employer regarding my working hours so that we did not had to send her to child care but now i have been asked to do normal hours by my employer.I dont have any choice but leave my job.what are the benefits we can claim before i get a job considering we will be living on a house hold income of 14000?( My husband earns 14000 per annum and I was earning 18000 per annum including overtime).If claimed any benefits will that affect our naturalisation we are going to apply this month?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

As you have ILR, you are free to claim benefits i.e. you are not restricted from having recourse to public funds.

I suggest you use this government tool to see what benefits you are eligible for:

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback