How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hi Ive been in uk since 2009 and Im asylum seeker and I go

This answer was rated:

Hi I've been in uk since 2009 and I'm asylum seeker and I got a brother with me and he got a mental problem and only I'm supporting him for free and no one give us support . Could please give help with it .thanks

Have you both been granted asylum?

What help do you need?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. They refused our asylum .

What help are you trying to get for your brother?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
About his asylum
Yes, what do you want to know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've got medical report about his conditions but home office don't except it. And I want to open our case again and get accommodation.

What what's the basis of your claim for asylum?

What were the reasons for refusal?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We are come from Iraq and its big story . Can I talk to you by phone and give you all informations about us . XXXXXXXXXXX if you like phone me . Thanks

I Will answer at 9


Thanks for your patience.

I am very sorry that you find yourself in this position.

The short answer is that you need to have consultation with an asylum solicitor so that they can determine whether there are any grounds for a further application because of any additional information that was not included in your original application OR for juridical review of the decision on a point of law.

The problem is that where you have been refused asylum you effectively do not have a right to be in the UK, this means that your access to benefits and help is severely limited.

In some very limited circumstances refused asylum seekers can apply for an alternative form of support from the UKBA (known as 'section 4' or 'hard cases' support), under the provisions set out in section 4 of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1999.

The UKBA page on Section 4 support is here:-

You will see that you must meet one of the eligibility criteria. If you do then you can make an application for support by using the relevant form on the right hand side of the link. You would be given accommodation and vouchers to redeem at certain food outlets.

This would appear to be the best way forward until you can determine whether or not to make another application or ask for judicial review, but you need a consultation with a solicitor to decide this.

It would also be good idea to contact some of the asylum charities for help and assistance. You can try:-

You have my sympathies, I’m very sorry for your position.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you