How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I lived in spain with my Russian wife for 10 years and we have

Customer Question

I lived in spain with my Russian wife for 10 years and we have a daughter who has a british passport. We are now divorced but we want to get back together and start a new life. They are both living in spain at the moment but I want them to come over to England and live with me and for my ex wife to be able to work in this country. Would this be possible ? and how would I go about getting them over here as she is Russian ?
She does have a residents permit to live and work in spain
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

How old is your daughter? Are you working, if so, is your income more than £18,600? Do you wish to re-marry your ex wife?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My daughter is 10. Yes we may want to re-marry. I earn over £20.000.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

In that case, she may apply for a fiancée visa to join you in the UK and enable you two to get married in the UK after which she may apply for leave to remain as your spouse, see here:

She can only work after you get married and she gets her leave to remain as yours spouse.

Hope this helps.
Please leave feedback