How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hiya my son inlaw and daughter and grandchild are in Jamaica

Customer Question

Hiya my son inlaw and daughter and grandchild are in Jamaica he has applied for a visa so that he can come hare with them. His daughter was born in the uk. They have to supply a residency address and we live in a 3 bedroom house which is owned by a housing association what do I have to do ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

What nationality is your daughter please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If he has already applied for a spouse visa then really documentation should have already been supplied with the application.

If it is the case that they will live with you once they have come to the united kingdom then you will have to provide evidence of this. This means that you should ask a local immigration solicitor to visit your property and prepare a home report to be submitted with the application.

The solicitor or there assistant would attend your property and draft a short report on the living situation. It would include details of the rooms in the property and occupiers soon as well as confirmation that the property can house your daughter and herself and child.

Evidence of your right to occupy the property would also have to be supplied. I seen that this is probably in the form of a tenancy agreement. You would also have to show that they are autorized to live there. This would probably mean getting confirmation from the housing association that a consent to your daughter and her spouse and the child living at the property.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question

Kind regards

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to RATE my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,