How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

Dear Sir/Madam,Im a 30 year old Bangladeshi national divorced

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m a 30 year old Bangladeshi national divorced male living in Aberdeen, Scotland. I’ve been in this country since May 2002. My leave to remain expired 31st March 2009.

My Student Visa was until 31st March 2009, On 30th March 2009 i made an application under FLR S form, Proposed Course was Diploma in Sales & Marketing from April 2009 - April 2010, Royal London College, Mile End. But FLR S application was returned back on the 20th may reason: Application rejected due to dependant photo was invalid.

On the 23rd July 2009 new under Tier 4 application was made (flr s application no longer active). Proposed course: ABE - Diploma in Marketing (25th Aug - June 2010), College: London School of Business & Computing, Islington, London.

College had to be changed due to Royal London College did not have Sponsor license number. For Tier 4 application sponsor license number holder college was required.

Application made on the 23rd July 2009 was refused due to insufficient fund in the bank.

I have made another attempt last year with home office to review my case under SSHD v Pankina judgement, but it was refused by Home office.

Now im helpless & looking for available options for me im aware there aren’t many.

I was married between April 2005 – March 2001. Ive been legally divorced just over two years now.

I understand my case sounds way too complicated, that’s just my luck i guess.

I was hoping if i have any options available for me, im aware of article 8 which requires me to stay in uk for 20 years to qualify.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Mustafa Rahaman XXXXXXXXXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
If you did not do anything about this immediately after the refusal in 2009 then you will be aware that you have significantly overstayed your visa and that you should leave the UK. I do not see any basis for you to remain in the UK based on the information that you have supplied and would expect any further application to be refused based on you having overstayed.

This is probably what you were expecting to hear and I am sorry that I cannot give you anything other than this.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
I note that you have viewed the answer provided but you appear to have forgotten to rate the service provided. Please could you get this done so that the question can be closed (even if the answer was not the one you hoped to receive).
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
I appreciate that this was probably not the news that you wanted to hear but I have taken the time to provide an answer to your question and I would appreciate confirmation that your question was answered so that it can be closed and a rating of the service provided.