How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now http

This answer was rated:

I am British and my wife and son are Egyptian
This is the first time i am going to apply for a visa for her. So that she can live with me in the UK
I beleive the first time i apply for a spouse visa not a settlement visa as a settlement visa is only for the ILR
My question is as follows
What is the language requirement for her?
Key english test A1 as the 2nd link

Or PET english test B1 as the 1st link
Level A1 in speaking and listening is required for a Spouse Visa application. Alternatively, a degree-level qualification taught in English can be accepted. Acceptable English language tests are listed here:

The other link you were looking at relates to applications for British Citizenship. In all honesty, the level required is extremely low and I would be surprised if most Nigerians did not easily achieve at least that level and usually higher.
Howard and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you