How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

I am a British citizen (as well as an Australian citizen, born

Customer Question

I am a British citizen (as well as an Australian citizen, born in Australia) I am a doctor and am trying to obtain registration to practice in the UK. I have been working in the Republic of Ireland, where I do have medical registration, for the last 3 months. I have been working for the same company and have a Public Services card.
One of the routes for registration, is to provide evidence that I have been working in a country that is part of the EEC. Could you advise me on what documentation I should seek?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Primarily you need to supply evidence of British Citizenship (passport), evidence of exercising Treaty Rights for at least 3 months (working in the Republic of Ireland - employer letter confirming employment, payslips, etc) and evidence of being registered during that period (card/ registration details making this clear and perhaps a letter from the regulatory body if possible.

The following page provides greater detail: