How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

HI My question is wife is about to submit an application

Customer Question


My question is wife is about to submit an application to further her stay in the UK as she is short of the required 2 years before she can apply for Indefinite leave to remain. She entered the UK in September 2011 and as required sat a recognized english test as part of her entry clearance. However, we appear to have lost the certificate, and require it for the next application. Will she need to sit it again?
Can you please advise
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
She either needs to take the test again or she might be able to get the certificate issued again by the provider.

A list of accepted English Language tests can be found here:

Clients would usually use either IELTS or Pearson.