How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

just wanted to find out if you can be deported from UK after

Customer Question

just wanted to find out if you can be deported from UK after 12 years of legal stay and married to a british for almost 3 years
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As indicated yesterday, have been here for 12 years on medical grounds renal failure and am on dialysis married a British citizen 2 and half years and have been waiting for indefinate which I applied a year ago 11 months now.

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information. Deportation is reserved for persons who are in the UK in breach of immigration rules. There is nothing to suggest that you are in breach or liable to deportation. In any event you would have a very good argument to stay in the UK on long stay and human rights grounds e.g. right to family and private. I don't think you really need to worry especially if you've lodged and application for ILR. Sadly due to budget cuts and lack of resources it is taking the Home Office, in some cases, many months to process these applications.
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
HI - you appear to have replied to me answer but I cannot see it. Is there anything else I can help you with?