How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I met my boyfriend about 5 months ago. He is Albanian and is

Customer Question

I met my boyfriend about 5 months ago. He is Albanian and is here on a year visa which runs out at the end of this year. I have just found out I'm pregnant with his baby. I am so scared about him going back because of my baby. Is there anything we can do as he only has months left?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
What type of visa does he hold and are you and/or him working?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we are both working - I am a legal secretary at a solicitors. He does building work full time. I am not sure what type of visa he has actually. He told me it was a 1 year visa to come over to work I believe

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Thank you,

If you are both genuinely wishing to get married, then you should do so after which he may apply for further leave to remain in the UK as your spouse.

You should do so before his current visa expires. See here for information on the application process for leave to remain as a spouse in the UK:

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback