How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cityguru Your Own Question
cityguru, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Approved Immigration Expert.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
cityguru is online now

so it is not a criminal offensive ,I am free regarding the

Customer Question

so it is not a criminal offensive ,I am free regarding the above question.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
Hi thanks for the follow up question. It is a criminal offence but under the current rules operated by UKBA an offence for which you were imprisoned for less than a year will not prevent you getting citizenship if it was more than 7 years ago. You can see the full provisions on the UKBA wbesite here: