How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

my application for a temporal leave to remain in the uk as

Customer Question

my application for a temporal leave to remain in the uk as been denied .
I am looking to put in a new application for reconsideration.
i need and expert advise
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Did your marriage work out or has it ended?

I would not have expected an extension to be approved if you were legally separated.

On what basis do you intend to apply for further leave to remain?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the marriage has ended .



the basis for my application is a reconsidration of the refusal.

basis 1

i am in a new relation for over 3 years now ,and we have been living together for over 2 years and she is ready to write a letter of support.


basis 2

I have a set of twice ,one boy and one girl.i have there birth certificate in my possession. i have been looking for them and don know were they are.


basic 3


I have just applied to a music workshop,which the programm will be starting on the 15th of January 2014.



Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
What is the nationality of your current partner?

Is there the possibility for you to obtain access rights to your twins?

I do not see how you can request reconsideration of the previous refusal as it would appear to have been correct, unless the goal is simply to keep you here until you qualify for Long Residence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my partner is british .


there is posibility to obtain acess right to them ,but i dont know were there are .which has laid a major strain on me..



pls cold you advise me on what to do.

Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
You should have applied within 28 days of the decision being received and it would have made sense to apply for an Unmarried Partner visa on the basis of living with your British wife for at least 2 years, assuming you qualify:

As this is a family visa you still have a chance of approval and refusal could be argued on the basis of ECHR rules relating to your right to a family life. You would need to show strong evidence of living together and having joint commitments so that the relationship is not seen to be one of convenience. I suggest that you apply as a matter of the utmost urgency although you might need to be prepared to go through an appeal.

If you can obtain legal access to your children and they are British then you could apply for a visa as the parent of a child in the UK:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your advise ,

I hope if i applied as apartner living together, and include our address in the letter ,i hope the immigration will not come and pick me there.


could you also advise ,what documetations i should include in the application.


thank you

Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
You need to look at the page I provided a link to as it provides complete guidance on the requirements. The primary qualifying criteria are that you have lived together at least 2 years, that you have evidence of your English language ability and that your wife or you combined can meet the Financial Requirement.

Please read the official information that I have linked to - you will appreciate that there is no real benefit in me simply copying information onto this answer when you can read it on the official site.

Please remember to provide a positive rating of the service that I have provided to you.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Please remember to provide a positive rating of the service that I provided to you. I will remain happy to assist after this has been done.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,