How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My nice is visiting me from India and going to stay with me

Customer Question

My nice is visiting me from India and going to stay with me for 5months i want to know if i can send her to school will I be breaching the uk immigration rules please advise thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What Visa does your niece hold and you are aware that she cannot go to a State School?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi thanks for ur reply my niece has a 5year multiple entry family visit and the reason why I am asking is my sister is having some issues back home and has no family to look after my niece so she wants to leave her with me so she does not witness any violence and I cannot send her to a paying school as it is to expensive please advise thankyou
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry but on that Visa your niece is not entitled to attend a local state school unless they are prepared to accept her as one off - unlikely but not impossible.
How old is she?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She is 7years old and my sister is given me a guardian letter saying that I am the guardian in her absence
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Then if you do find a school willing to take her for a few weeks her Visa will not be a problem - but no school needs to do this I am afraid