How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

if wrote to the home office stopping them giving my husband

Customer Question

if wrote to the home office stopping them giving my husband a UK passport will they tell him its me stopping it he does have a permanent indefinite residency I feel he only used as a means of getting in UK. I am in a difficult situation, I need more time .
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do other than to inform the Home Office about your circumstances and explain that your husband's situation to them.

The Home Office will not inform your husband that you have wrote to them about him, as that information is protected by data protection legislation. It is up to the Home Office at the end of the day to decide what to do based on your information to them.

You cannot force the Home Office to act in a particular way, they will decide what to do after receiving your information.

All the best