How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

I am a Norwegian (member of EEA countries) national settled

Customer Question

I am a Norwegian (member of EEA countries) national settled in the UK for the past 7-8 years. I am working full time and earning over 28k annually.

I am engaged to a Pakistani citizen who is currently living in Pakistan. I want for her to live with me in the UK. How would I go about applying for visa etc or is there an alternative way?
Also what is the approximate cost and duration of this process? What documentation is required from me and her?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
If you are settled in the UK (you hold Permanent Residence) then your Fiance could apply for a Fiance visa:

Once here you would need to get married and she would have to apply for a Spouse visa within 6 months. English language evidence is required along with meeting the Financial Requirement.

If you are exercising Treaty Rights in the UK as an EEA National and not legally settled then an application for a EEA Family Member visa could be made once you are married:

Costs and application processing times depend on what type of visa she applies for. Documents required again depend on the type of visa application and guidance for this is available on the links that I have provided.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
If you require further clarification then please feel free to ask, otherwise you should remember to provide your rating of the service that I supplied to you.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
I note that you have viewed my answer and the follow-up but failed to rate the service provided. Do you require further clarification or has your question been answered?