How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

I came to UK as a student and my visa expired on 2011 oct And

Customer Question

I came to UK as a student and my visa expired on 2011 oct
And from past two years I'm staying as illegal in UK I need u r help pls
I want to stay remain in uk to stay legally pls help me
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
This is not an unusual question and unfortunately you are not going to get an easy solution.

For most people the best option will be to leave the UK voluntarily at your own expense and you might then be able to return with a valid visa after one year. This option provides you with the best opportunity of being allowed to come back to the UK legally.

If you are married to a British Citizen or an EEA National who is exercising Treaty Rights in the UK (working, etc) then you might be able to apply for a Spouse visa or a Residence Card on the basis of the relationship without leaving the UK. This is more likely if you have a child, otherwise you are best advised to leave the UK and apply for entry from outside the UK.

Lastly, if you have a valid basis for an asylum claim then that could be an option.

If you have further questions about these options then please let me know.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Do you require further clarification or has my response answered your question?