How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

Hi Im applying for my naturalisation and im struggling to

Customer Question

Im applying for my naturalisation and im struggling to fill my 5 year address part as i was staying with friend of mine and sleeping on his couch for 1 year.. i dont have the exact address now. what would happen if its not exactly 5 years off all my addresses please reply asap
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
You should contact your friend and confirm the address from him. You would presumably have had some documents showing that address - mobile telephone, bank account, cards, doctor record, bank statements, employer letters, HMRC communications, etc?

You can imagine that a caseworker might find it acceptable that you cannot evidence fully an address at which you lived but you might be expected to remember where you have lived.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Im no longer in contact with him. and to be honest cant remmber at all and all my corrospondant was going to my ex's address where i no longer lived is it ok if i put that one down.. please help me

Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
If you cannot speak with him (and the address and dates would help the application rather than having a gap, even if you cannot evidence it) and you cannot speak to your ex (who might remember where you lived) then you can only tell the Home Office the truth and it will probably be ok.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

would it be ok if i put my corrspondant address when i was homeless.. would that be ok?

Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
If you say that was where you lived and you supply evidence showing you at that address then you are unlikely to have a problem if you happened to be sleeping somewhere else. If the Home Office already have the information that you were not at that address then of course you would have a problem and only you know what you have or have not previously told the Home Office.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Has your question been answered or do you require further clarification?
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Do you require further clarification or has your question been answered?