How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I want to apply for my husband to come to the uk from Egypt

Customer Question

I want to apply for my husband to come to the uk from Egypt with have been together nearly 2years and got married in August 2013. I can see from some information online that we need to make the application online with visa form vaf4a but I'm unsure of what to select when it come to making the application and booking the visa appointment ie SET(M) SET(F). Any advise welcome.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

What nationality are you please?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am British. Also I changed my job so I can meet the financial requirement but have only been there three months and I am not meeting it by £600 for the year. What should I do.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks.I will answer in about an hour.

Kind regards

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

I'm really sorry but I've had to go out unexpectadly.

I will refer this to a colleague and ask that they answer.

Kind regards


Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

SET (M) and SET (F) would not apply to your case as your husband is currently out of the UK and you are newly married.

You need to have a minimum income of £18,600 per year, your husband may still go ahead and apply even if you are short of the income threshold by £600 and meet all other requirements as the Home Office is currently considering what to do with such cases where only the income requirement is not met but all other requirements are met.

This is the correct place to book an appointment in Egypt:

Hope this helps