How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

my fiance is kenyan and im going there to marry her n live

Customer Question

my fiance is kenyan and im going there to marry her n live there with her what documents or certificates do we need
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

You do not require a Certificate of Impediment from the UK as Kenya is. Commonwealth country and the UK does not issue such certificates for commonwealth countries.

You will need your passport in Kenya to prove your identity.
You will be asked to swear an affidavit in Kenya when giving Notice there of your intended marriage avering that you are not married at the time of giving Notice and that there is no impediment as to why you should not get married.

This affidavit will be given to you in Kenya when giving Notice in the prescribed form.

See here for further details:

All the best

Expert:  Zoe-cssm replied 4 years ago.

We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.


Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Customer Support Team.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i was told to get an affidavit here

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
You do not need an affidavit from here, it is all done in Kenya. Your passport will be required as you are not a Kenyan national.

You can also see here:

All the best