How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My husband travelled to Zimbabwe in November he used his A4

Customer Question

My husband travelled to Zimbabwe in November he used his A4 immigration status document which has settlement visa. He is a zimbabwean national and uses the zimbabwean passport. All was ok. The document was damaged by a child a few hours before travelling back in January. He attempted to use the doc but was returned from Dubai airport in transit to the uk. Following this we attempted to get information on the possible replacement. He was told by an agent (as there is no British passport service) and that he needed to make a fresh application. I am reluctant as I do not think this is right. Uk ba website is rather confusing as I am getting the impression he needs a biometric visa. The issue is he has to be in the uk what do we do. Please help
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Where was your husband leaving before november?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he left manchester. he has settlement visa granted in 2010

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Do you mean that your husband has indefinite leave to remain OR do you mean that he received limited leave to remain (ie. spouse visa) in 2010?