How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7677
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Having spoken to you on Saturday I have received a Letter from

Customer Question

Having spoken to you on Saturday I have received a Letter from the U.K.A. asking these questions.
1) when you first came to live in the U.K
2) how old were you
3) did you travel with your family
4)please give full details of the addresses you have lived dates and official evidence.
5) if you attend any school or college give the dates and the certificate.
6) please give full details of employment with evidence
7) please explain the relevance of the date i arrived .
8)have you taken any holidays outside the U.K.
9) please supply any evidence or official documents to state that i was granted residence in the U.K.
These are the answers i have given
1) 11/11/76 my brother and i came here to join our parents on that day with full settlement brothers (I.L.R) and parents copy of British passport ( document to proof who they are and cover letter.
2)my age which was asked for.
3)travelled with my brother and his I.L.R no.
4) details of addresses--- p45,p60 with addresses i have lived.
5) school certificate and college i have a couple from college
6)this question i only have the last 10 years and a full list of the national insurance i have paid since 1976.
7)my brothers birthday is XXXXX the 12/11 that's why i remember this date
8)i have never taken any breaks away from the U.K. since i have been here.
9) i have no documents to say that i have been given settlement.
in Jamaica you will go directly to the British Embassy and your passport will be stamped there and then.
I have lost my passport with the stamp in it and is trying to get one back in my new passport.
please check for me if i have given enough details and done it properly.
Kind Regards
Noel Burke.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi Noel

I will be able to answer at 9 a.m.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Thomas

Noel Burke

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
No problem, 9am or so..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Can you please check if everything is up to standard for me and helo me where you can thanks

Noel Burke

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi Noel,

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

If you answer the questions simply by replying to their numbered points then it may take longer than if you executed a statutory declaration with a solicitor to be honest..

Your answer to 1 should give full details of your family, including their names/dates of birth, evidence of identity and current addresses.

Stating your age at 2 is fine, but I would also include a copy of your birth certificate or any other documentation that shows your age (eg driving licence).

I assume that you also travelled with your parents as well as your brother. If this is the case then you should confirm this at 3, giving details of the approximate date of travel, where you travelled from and where you went in the UK after you arrived.

At 4, I would also submit any other records you have of your previous addresses. So things like old bank statements, utilitiy records. State also the basis on which you occupied the addreses. If you occupied under a tenancy which your parents or another person had then state so, ditto if you were named as a tenant on a tenancy agreement.

At 5, make sure you give the full details of the schools or colleges and also what you studied there and for how long.

At,6, this is okay but you should also include a CV stating all the jobs that you have. You may also consider contacting both your current employer and previous employers to get them to confirm your periods of employment and any contracts of employment that you had.

At 7, this is fine but refer to his date of birth in his passport so that they cross check it.

At 8, this is fine.

At 9, you should refer to the fact that you have lost your passport with ILR in it. State the approximate date on which you think you received ILR. Give as much detail as you can here.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kindly rate my answer if you are satisfied with the information I have provided.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

with the employers most of them are closed down and the tax office has given a list of the last ten years employment and thirty eight years of insurance contributions


Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi Noel,

If the employers have closed down then I would suggest that you state this in respect of each employer. I would also suggest that you show proof of the fact that they have gone out of business.

If they are a limited company then you can do a companies house webcheck against either their name of company registration number:-

Then print off the page which refers to the company and it should state that the company has been dissolved.

Please do remember to rate my answer once you are finished with it.

Kind regards,