How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I also need assistance with obtaining a license for a foreign

This answer was rated:

I also need assistance with obtaining a license for a foreign worker and all the documentation required please

This is a complex matter which depends on many factors . The list of supporting documents you need to submit appears here:

The application process is set out here:

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We went on to the website a few days ago and did try calling them to assist us as as this is something completely new for us and we want to make sure we get it right as time is of the essence.


The following are what they require and the versions we are supplying them with.


1 - Employers Liability Insurance Certificate (for at least £5 million) - PDF form

2 - VAT Certificate & latest VAT return confirming VAT registration number - PDF form

3 – Current Financial Report - PDF form

4 – HRMC PAYE Form with accounts office reference and HMRC e-mail with PAYE reference number - Original & e-mail

5 – Corporate Tax Returns CT603 and CT600 - HRMC PDF forms


What we need to know is if these are acceptable and do have to get them all certified by our solicitor?


As I do not have information on the nature of your business and what Group it falls under, I suggest you read this document and see what documents are required for your Group:



According to Home Office guidance:


You must send the original documents or certified copies.

A certified copy is one that includes a signed statement by the issuing authority or by a solicitor or notary. The certifier must confirm that it is an accurate copy of the original document. Each document must be certified, clearly detailing the certifier's name, their signature and the organisation that they represent. If a certifier's details cannot be verified, we will reject the document. Sometimes, when a document has more than one page, the certifier does not want to certify every page. We will accept the document if the pages are all attached together (such as stapling) and the top page is certified as described. The certification must also clearly state how many pages have been certified.


The Home Office may ask for original documents.


All the best

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX basically agreeing with what we have already pulled together.

Yes but you also need to check off against the list of documents which are mandatory for your firm. You may also want to include a copy of your lease for the office premises.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you