How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7661
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hi, I have a friend working as a domestic worker visa, wants

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a friend working as a domestic worker visa, wants to work for me, she is finishing her contract with her employer and want to renew under my sponsorship. Is there any other supporting documents needed as a new employer aside from the list required in the immigration website?

Are you in the united kingdom?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes sir.

If it is the case that she is applying as a domestic worker in a private household under this category of visa:

Then you will see the message appears to be necessary to have to return to home country before making the application with you as a sponsor. This is because with other visa applications they give you the option of applying from outside the united kingdom, but you will see from the above options that there is no way to apply from inside united kingdom.

The documents that you would provide would be exactly the same as the ones indicated on the united kingdom border agency website and any other additional ones that are appropriate given the particular circumstances of the worker herself.

If this is useful please kindly rate my answer

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She is from the old rule, she had her entry here in the UK 2009. The new rule doesn't apply to her.

I see.

Please refer to the following link and in particular the section under more information at the bottom titled "Changing jobs":-

You will see that the UKBA confirm that she can switch jobs in the described way.

If it is the case that their visa is to shortly expire though then I would apply to extend it based upon the proposed employed based within your own household.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you