How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I have visa Residence permit from 07/07/2011 til 07/07/2014.

This answer was rated:

I have visa Residence permit from 07/07/2011 til 07/07/2014. My question is can I travail with it to my country and back before expired? I'm Tunisian married and live in N.ireland and work full time .2. Can I have adveis wish paper or document I need to apply for another visa plz..and thank u..

Do you have your present residenc card because your wife is a european economic area national?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My wife she's Irish wee live in n.ireland but she's borne in Dublin .and I don't have recidenc card. But I have national insurance number card

If your wife is a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, who is in Northern Ireland and you have a residence permit lasting until 07/2014 then you should be fine.

I think you have a residence permit because you are the non-EEA spouse of an EEA national who is exercising their treaty rights in another EEA state (ie. Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK).

Therefore, provided that you remain married to your wife and she remains in Northern Ireland then you have a right to be in Northern Ireland as well.

Therefore, if you leave the UK without your wife for a holiday and return before your residence permit expires then you should be let in to the UK (Northern Ireland) again because you still have a right to be there.

If the time that you want to return from your holiday is close to when it expires I would suggest that you arrange for your wife to be at the airport with her passport and your marriage certificate and a proof of address (eg. utility bill) so that she can show the entry officials that you have a right to be in the UK. If you do this you will be fine.

I am on my way home and entering an area by train with poor reception. If you require further clarificaiton and I cannot reply immediately I should be able to get back to you in 30 mins from now.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And to apply for new visa what paper or documents will I need .ad just for information wee have boy ad he's 3 this February,ad my wife she's only born in Dublin but she live all her live in north how is part of uk ad thanks tomas

You need to check that your wife is a citizen of the Republic of Ireland. If she is then it's fine, if she is a UK citizen instead then please let me know.

If she is a citizen of the republic of ireland then you would have to apply for another residence card:-
& how to apply here:-

If you have been in the UK married to your partner for 5 years then you might be able to apply for Permanent Residence so that you can stay in the UK without the need to apply for any more residence cards/permits and regardless of whether or not you are married to your wife.

Please do remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Another things ,my wife have 2 girls 1 is 17 ad 11 they have British passport my boy have Irish passport.i know they have right for both Irish ad British .she live all her life in north, her Mather ad father from north.i have move in n. Ireland from Tunisia with visa 31/08/09 till 28/02/10 valid for United Kingdom then wasn't full time job but I get second visa EEA FP:family member of my wife then Residence permit from 07/07/11 till 07/07/2014 there is line said limited leave to Remain ad another line said Limited leave to remain in the ful times for 3 years pay my tax.but my wife she's not working, ad she's in benefit is that different for my situation of visa or it will be no prob?

I expect that you will still be fine to obtain your residence card, particularly in view of your family connections.

If she can show that she is a job seeker then you will certainly be fine.

Pleas remember to rate my answer.

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you