How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

am currently in uk on the tier 4 did an Msc and now I want

This answer was rated:

am currently in uk on the tier 4 did an Msc and now I want to for an extension to do a PhD I have four kids with me can i still apply with my 4 kids as dependants without my husband here as he is the army so he can't be here with us.

Yes, you may do so as the guidance states that "if your dependants are already in the UK with permission, they will be allowed to extend their stay provided they apply at the same time as you apply to undertake a course of study lasting more than 6 months."

You should send a letter from your husband consenting to your children staying in the UK with you and explaining that he will be in the Army.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you