How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7661
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

What is the process of registering a busines for the purposes

This answer was rated:

What is the process of registering a busines for the purposes of the entreprenur visa (tier 1)? Do i need to have a national insurance number before i can register my business?

Are you in the UK already please?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes i am already in the Uk but don't have a National Insurance Number.

Thank you for your question and patience.

If you are going to be a director of a limited company or a limited liability partnership then you will need a national insurance number in order to complete the registration of the company/partnership I’m afraid.

You can easily obtain a national insurance number by contacting JobCentre Plus in the way described on the following link:-
You must be able to show that you have the right to work in the UK, but provided that you have a visa for this you should be fine, possibly after an interview.

If you are going to be trading as a sole partnership or simply partnership then you will still need the NI number because as part of the application for the visa you will have to show that you are registered for income tax, for which you need an NI number,

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you