How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7661
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I want to bring my girlfriend to spend

Customer Question

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I want to bring my girlfriend to spend a months vacation with me, she lives on a small island in the caribbean called anguilla which is a british overseas territory. She lives there with her parents on a work permit but only holds a st vincent and the Grenadines passport, please give me some advice on what she can to come over here to spend just a month with me and my family
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Are you able to accommodate her during her visit?

If so, who owns the property?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I live with my parents and the property is owned by the local council, we are just tenants, my parents have absolutely no problem with her staying here for the month as they are quite keen to meet her, as you can tell I do not have my own place as it's too expensive to live on my own in my area

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, I will be able to answer at 9am

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi Delis,

Thanks for your patience.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow (as I am sure you know), is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

You have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in her the country where she is living which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay because she at present has compelling family and social/work ties to the country which mean that she will not attempt to secure a permanent stay here whilst she is visiting. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if she does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money she has available, letters from relatives/friends confirming any obligations she has to them.

She also needs to show that she is legally in Anguila, so she will have to show her visa permit. The fact that she is a different citizenship to the county that she is presently staying in is okay.

If you will assist her during the intended stay you should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that she is to return at the end of it, that although you are in a relationship with her you both know that she MUST leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate her and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

This should refer to your bank statements, evidence of accommodation and passport and copies of these should be exhibited to the document. However, if your parents hold the tenancy for the property then they should also execute a sponsorship declaration stating they will accomodate her during the stay. The council, if they are the landlord, will also have to state that they have no objection to her staying for a short visit unless there is a clause in your tenancy agreement stating that short guests stays are allowed.

They following UKBA page tells you how she can apply from Anguila:-

If this is useful please kindly click accept.

Kind regards