How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cityguru Your Own Question
cityguru, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Approved Immigration Expert.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
cityguru is online now

hi I entered the Uk on a spouse visa my marriage has broken

This answer was rated:

I entered the Uk on a spouse visa my marriage has broken down due to domestic violence. I have 4 months till renewal , Police have investigated the allegation and found no evidence, from the marriage i have a baby daughter.

what are my options when I come to renew the visa. will i be able stay in the uk.
Hi how long have you been in the UK? Do you work ? Are you involved in your daughters care?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've been in the uk since March 2012. I want to see my daughter but my wife doesn't allow it. I am working full time with earnings of 12k a year.
Ok thanks. You will have no claim to remain here as a spouse if your relationship has broken down and your job does not pay week enough to seek a tier 2 visa even if your employer will sponsor you. Your best hope is to apply to sat ay as the parent of a child resident here but you will need ot make sure you get rights of access and can demonstrate you can support yourself and any dependents.

You should apply on form FLR(o)

cityguru and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not to sure about the chance of the application of FLR succeeding? Should I apply before being granted contact order or after getting it.

Contact order proceedings will take time.
To be honest in the current climate I am not that confident you will succeed it would be better to have a contact order first but if you run out of time then it is better to apply anyway. The alternative is to leave and return to your home country.