How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I would like to get some advice obtaining residence permit

Customer Question

I would like to get some advice obtaining residence permit for my husband. We have been separated for 20 years and he has been overseas. He has South African nationality and we were married in 1976. He would like to come to live with us (my daughter and me)here in the UK. He has his own savings and financial backups and would like to transfer everything to here in order to live here with us as a family. He has no intention of making any claims on the system here.
My daughter(who is a 29-yrs-old student) and I(63 and pensioner) are UK citizens and live in the SW of London.
What is required of him to get permission to live here in the UK.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi, thank you for your question.


Could you please confirm, do you earn £18,600 gross?

Do you have any savings over £16,000?

Do you have evidence of communication with your husband?


Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Thank you / will get back later



Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards