How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have been in the UK for 10 years and 4 months, two years

This answer was rated:

I have been in the UK for 10 years and 4 months, two years of the 10 years were on a Post-Study work VISA after my PhD programme. I currently have leave to remain on a Tier 2 VISA that runs out in July 2015 and wondering if I could apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain now?

It would appear that you are eligible for ILR under the 10 years long residency right now assuming that you have lived in the UK ever since you first arrived here and have not spent 180 days or more out of the UK on any one occassion and not spent a total of more than 540 days out of the UK over the 10 years period.

You will need to apply on form SET(LR), See here:

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your feedback on my query a couple of months ago,


Your advice was timely and correct and I have now secured my Indefinite Leave to Remain

Well done.