How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I want to ask question on spouse visa?

This answer was rated:

I want to ask question on spouse visa?

Yes, please ask your question regarding the spouse visa.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi sorry I wanted to ask I recieve lower rate mobility disability living allowance I am married my partner has got student visa in uk. Would I be exempt from the financial requirement due to the benefit I receive. I am in receipt of ESA?

What is specified disability or carers benefit mean?
Thank you very much
Hello Asma,

Yes, as you are in receipt of DLA, your partner would be exempt from the minimum income thresholds but you would still need to show that you are able to maintain and accomodate your partner adequately without recourse to public funds.

You will need to show proof that you are in receipt of the DLA e.g. DWP letter and a recent bank statement showing payment of the DLA.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I recieve £21.00 lower rate mobility per week
ESA £71.70 per week
My partner earns £100.00 per week
We are living in relatives house
Do you think this income can meet the requirement to get spouse visa?

Many thanks
Yes, povided you are not paying rent.

All the best
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We are not currently paying rent as we are living with relatives house but if we rent a one bed room flat & claim housing benefit will it affect the spouse visa application?
Thank you Asma
No, it will not as long as the claim is made in your name.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much if I require any further advise I will let you know.

Welcome. Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi do you advice on divorce and financial matter in divorce?
Hello Asma,

There are solicitors who advise on such matters. Please post a new question with your queries.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi I posted new question to solicitors I have not had any reply yet! What can I do
I suggest you increase the value of the question as it looks underpriced to me.