How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

ILR query

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX and I am in UK since August 2009 Tier 1 General visa ( Visa stamped as on July 5th 2009) valid until July 5th 2012. I applied for extension again in May 2012 and now I will be completing my 5 years on July 5 th 2014. My partners dependant visa was stamped 20 th June 2012 and he came to UK on 13th August 2012. Since then we are living together. We wish to apply for PR in June 2014. I am not sure if my partner can apply for PR at the same time. My queries are, 1. Is my partner eligible for PR? 2. Can we submit both PR application and extension application for my partner since we arent sure. 3.What proofs should I take to show that we are living together under the same address .There is no specific documents mentioned in the guidelines. Your response will be much appreciated.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Hello Thriveni,

Thank you for your queries,
1) yes, at the same time as you but your Partner should have been in the UK for at least 2 years, so will be eligible in August 2014;
2) you should apply for ILR in August 2014 (PR is for European nations) and include your Partner in your application;

3) bank statements addressed to each of you at the same address, tenancy agreement in both your names, utility bills e.g. gas, electricity, TV licence etc addressed to either of you at the same address, NHS medical cards, HMRC notices addressed to either of you at the same address etc.

See here for further information on the application:

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your response.I am not sure if I will I be charged again 40£ for further queries .

Please be kind to respond to my queries below.

As I mentioned before my visa expires on 5th July 2014. Is it possible to apply in August 2014 for ILR .How would I cover this one month over stay ? Should I apply for one more extension for this one month ? Do you think I need a representative ? Do you work on such cases ? I never went though this before . I used to file my application by myself.
Since my husband is one month less to ILR , I am in confused state.

On July th 2014 I have to show valid work visa at my company and my husband too ? If I apply for ILR In august 2014 what documents should I give to HR to prove that my application is in progress ?

What application should I fill for ILR ? Is it SET (O) ?




Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

You are in luck as you are allowed to lodge an application within 28 days after your visa expires so you should lodge the combined ILR application around 16th of July 2014 as your husband is allowed to apply 28 days before the 2 years mark.

So, no need for you to make an application for extension.

We do not represent clients on this site, sorry.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback