How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

As a British citizen I want to marry a Mexican women in mexico

This answer was rated:

As a British citizen I want to marry a Mexican women in mexico can she move to the uk after that what are rules for this please

There is a financial requirement for her to get a spouse visa. Do you earn above £18600 per annum from salaried employment?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I do so it will be fine then right

Thanks for your patience.

In order for her to come here after you marry she will have to apply for a spouse visa, by applying for settlement.

The eligibility requirements are here:-

You meet the financial requirement if you have received your salary for 6 months or more, which is good and provided that you are able to convince the UKBA that the relationship and marriage is genuine and credible (ie. not a sham marriage) then you will be fine. Please note that she must also meet the English language requirement, on the page as well.

However, the application is evidentially very demanding and the amount of supporting documentation that you must submit is considerable. Because of this I would strongly consider instructing a solicitor to prepare the application for you. It should cost around £800-1000+VAT.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you