How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

my customer entered into a contract for phone calls and broadband;

This answer was rated:

my customer entered into a contract for phone calls and broadband; he changed to my supplier in November but the old supplier will not close the contract they say it is for 2 years as i understand it for a Sole Trader there is a 18 month limit. i need to quote the exact regulations which apply i believe it is CCA 1974 but don't know which section or the right words to tell old provider.

I am afraid that broadband agreements are not covered by the 18 months rule in the CCA 1974 and as such, your customer would be liable for the remaining months fees if they terminated the agreement before the fixed term comes to an end.

The18 months rule in the CCA 1974 applies to agreements for the hiring of goods, broadband is a service, not goods.

See here for further information*ADV0022-1011.txt

Sorry, I could not give you better news.
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you