How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, I am a single man, age 60, have lived in the UK all

Customer Question

I am a single man, age 60, have lived in the UK all my life. I plan to travel to China in May this year to marry a Chinese woman, age 51. She will then apply for a visa to come to the UK to live with me.
I have filled in a Marriage Notice Form to apply for a Certificate of Legal Capactity to Marry (formerly Certificate of No Impedimet). Can you say... is this all that I need to take with me, or are there other legal documents that I should obtian from a Solicitor or Notary Public?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

You will need a Chinese translation of the document as well and you should check with the Chinese embassy about the translation. You will both also need to go for a medical check up, see here for more information

All the best