How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi. Hope you can help. My girlfriend of 4 years lives in Ukraine.

This answer was rated:

Hi. Hope you can help. My girlfriend of 4 years lives in Ukraine. Have been trying to get her over to the Uk for sometime now but did`nt know how or where to start the process. Obviously with the immigration issues currently going on in Uk i realise this is`nt a quick and easy process. Now with the recent troubles and situation in Ukraine i wish to try and get her over to the Uk for both of our sakes and more over for her safety. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou. Graham.

If you have been living together with your girlfriend for at least 2 years, she may apply for an unmarried partner's visa from Ukraine to join you in the UK.

If not, you may marry her in Ukraine and she may apply for a spouse settlement visa, or she may apply for a fiancee visa to marry you in the UK and thereafter apply for further leave to remain in the UK provided you are earning at least £18,600 per annum and can maintain and accomodate her without recourse to public funds.

See here:

Hope this helps. Please ask if you need further help

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you