How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a US citizen living in the UK. I have an "Indefinite

This answer was rated:

I am a US citizen living in the UK. I have an "Indefinite leave to enter the UK" because of "Settlement Spouse". Do I have to renew it and if so, how?

As long as you entered the UK before the expiry date of the Indefinite leave to enter visa, you do not need to renew it as it became indefinite leave to remain automatically when you landed in the UK.

If your passport is expiring or has expired, you may simply use both the new passport and the old passport to travel.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you