How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7675
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

hi mi and my fiancee will planning to get married on Aug i

This answer was rated:

hi mi and my fiancee will planning to get married on Aug i would like to know what sort of documents we need to provides. im from Philippines with UK residence and im divorce. and my fiancee from Tivat Montenegro..

Where will you get married please?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we will get married in edinburgh scotland


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

It will be relatively easy for you to marry in Scotland. There are no immigrations restrictions on actually getting married since this would be contrary to your human rights.

Therefore, you should contact the registry office where you propose to marry in Scotland and tell them your circumstances.

Provided that you can prove your identities, addresses and evidence of your divorce then the registrar will marry you. You will have to give the appropriate notice of your marriage, which is 15 days. After you have given notice of your marriage you can be legally married.

If you hold indefinite leave to remain and your husband is a Montenegran citizen then he will have to apply for a spouse visa if you meet the eligibility criteria. Details on this are contained on the following link:-

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you