UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

Hi I am a britiah citizen and just got married to a girl

I am a britiah citizen and just got married to a girl who overstayed in uk for about good 8 years but we went back home to get married as i was advised to do so. I will sponsor her next month and admit her file.
Will they refuse her application based on that she overstayed in uk even though i complete all the other requirements to sponsor a spouse?
I am worried.

The good news is that she will not be refused a spouse visa based on her overstaying in the UK as she is married to you, a British citizen.

Her exemption from the ban for overstaying is set out in Paragraph 320 (7C) of the Immigration Rules.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would you pls send me the link for the paragraph you mentioned? Does it mean she will be ban even though if she volunteerly left uk?

She will not be banned as she is the spouse of a British Citizen.

See page 15 of this document: 320(7C):

All the best