How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I entered the U.K. on a spouse visa 2013 however our had

Customer Question

I entered the U.K. on a spouse visa 2013 however our had marriage broke-down. I still have 1 year remaining on the visa, can the home office cancel the visa if my partner notifies them.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Yes, the Home Office has the power to revoke your visa if the conditions applicable to the visa are no longer being met. In your case, your visa is conditional upon you living with your spouse as a couple. As this is no longer the case, your visa is technically invalid and youare required to notify the Home Office and leave the UK unless you are able to switch into another category e.g. as a student or worker.

Hope this helps