How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a domestic worker here in the uk who applied entrance

This answer was rated:

I am a domestic worker here in the uk who applied entrance before 6 april 2012,my question is can i change my employer and what are the required documents.?

The good news is yes, you may change to a similar job as a domestic worker in a private household and you simply write a letter to the Home Office notifying them that you have changed jobs, there is no formal application to be made until you extend your visa or apply for settlement in the UK after 5 years as a domestic worker.

The address to send your letter to the Home Office is:

Immigration enquiry bureau
UK Visas and Immigration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that really helps but the thing is my visa expires next week and at the same time needs to be transfered to a new employer .what have to be done.?does my new employer need to make a

letter that she is employing me as their helper.?is it not too late for me to apply for visa extension?


Thank you.

You should apply before your current visa expires.

To extend your visa, you will require

1) a letter from your new employer saying you are employed by them and that your employment is still continuing;

2) you and your employer will both need to sign this statement of the terms and conditions of your employment:

You may apply online:

or you may apply by post:

Hope this helps

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello Vilma,

Ifyou need further assistance, please come back to me.